compensation: $29.00 - $31.00 per hour employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Convoy Supply is Canada’s largest wholesale distribution company serving building envelope professionals. Our commitment to exceeding expectations among our customers is the cornerstone philosophy of the company. We are proud of the relationships that we have built over the past four decades with customers and suppliers alike, and are honoured by the friendships we share. Since we opened for business in Prince George, BC in 1972, Convoy has grown to 35 locations across Canada, including our Simplex Tapered Insulation facility in Ontario, and 8 in the Pacific Northwest USA.
We are looking for a Level A Folding Boom Crane Operator for our Kamloops, BC Branch. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including a group RSP. If you wish to have a career in a fast paced industry – join our team!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure paper work is complete with quantities, time on/off site, truck number, delivery date and required signatures.
- Safely load, check and double check your deliveries for accuracy before leaving the yard.
- Question the delivery if essential items are marked “back order”.
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance at all times.
- Drive defensive at all times following all traffic laws.
- Meet and greet customers at appointed times, and if going to be late, communicate with Dispatcher to inform the customer.
- Use company safe practices in approaching job sites and unloading product.
- If unable to unload, call Dispatcher. Do not leave job site until advised!
- Take photos of each delivery and log properly for easy reference.
- When deliveries are completed, meet with Dispatcher to determine next delivery. If no deliveries report to Warehouse/Yard Supervisor for instruction.
- Perform daily equipment and vehicle inspections, hazard assessments, and driver logs with great attention to detail.
- Maintain clean truck and monitor maintenance requirements.
- Perform all required duties with 100% compliance.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Level A Folding Boom Certification <22 ton
- Valid Class 1 with Air drivers licence
- Clean CVOR Abstract
- Valid Class 1 Drivers License
- Able to pass for Drug & Alcohol testing
- Understand Safety is #1 priority; no exceptions.
- Quality is #2 priorities; no shortcuts.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- High comfort level working in a diverse environment
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers