About the Company:
QR Code Link to This Post
Cross Developments is a Vancouver based commercial and residential land development group of companies with offices in downtown Vancouver and in Kamloops. Since 1984, we have been developing commercial and residential properties throughout the Province of British Columbia. Our core purpose is to create extraordinary spaces where people thrive, that communities value and businesses have a competitive advantage. We are seeking a Construction Safety Officer to join our construction team on site in Kamloops across from Thompson Rivers University.
The Construction Safety Officer we are seeking will be in a dual role primarily as Construction Safety Officer (CSO) and supplemented with light laborer. Your primary role will be pivotal to ensure the safety and well-being of all workers and visitors. Your supplementary task of light labour will be to provide our site team with additional labour force for light duties and housekeeping. We are looking to hire this position as part of a team we are building for ongoing work and future projects in the Kamloops area. Flexibility available to the right candidate.
• Administer First Aid to site personnel as required.
• Actively monitor and influence safety compliance for workers on site. Ensure compliance with OHS.
• Organize and conduct safety orientation and prepare safety awareness materials for site as needed.
• Conduct and record daily site safety inspections to ensure compliance and identify potential hazards.
• Build & maintain relationships to promote a positive “safety first” culture for the workers on site.
• Collect safety reports, orientations, meeting minutes and safety documentation and submit to the Superintendent and Construction Manager as required.
• Able to physically work on site to maintain site housekeeping and perform general labour duties, etc. as required.
• Act as required to immediately correct unsafe acts or conditions.
• Other safety duties and light labour may be assigned consistent with the job description.
Skills and Requirements to Succeed in Role
• Occupational First Aid Level 2 required.
• Construction Safety Officer (CSO) certification preferred.
• At least 2 years of construction experience preferred.
• Knowledge of WorkSafe procedures and safety practices preferred.
• Effective communication: the ability to share/receive info in simple terms for clarity and purpose.
• Ability to work in a team environment, daily communication with others inside and outside our company.
• Strong working knowledge of local residential/commercial construction practices.
• Excellent organizational and people skills.
• The ability to use a computer to file, sort, and store safety documentation is an asset.
• The ability to use MS Word, Excel and Outlook is an asset.
What We Offer for Your Added Value
• Salary: $26.00-$30.00 per hour
• We offer educational reimbursement up to $1000 per year for pre-approved courses.