compensation: $35/hr for 30 – 40 hours per week employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Retack Shop Inc. located Kamloops has a vacancy for a Program Leader & Vaulting Instructor.
• Develop, lead and instruct a vaulting program for beginner to advanced level vaulters.
• The program will primarily be based in Kamloops with the possibility of expanding to surrounding areas
• Instructing new and established vaulters.
• Designing suitable programs for all levels and ages vaulters.
• Plan and implement all practice sessions and program activities.
• Identify all horses needed for the program.
• Train and lunge identified horses to a safe usable level for the vaulters, ensuring they are kept fit and in a good condition to perform their duties.
• Train a suitable assistant to lunge up to a level where they can assist in a safe manner.
• Guide vaulters through developing stages and levels, from entry level to competition both locally and internationally
• Adjust individual and group programs to suit the needs of the vaulters as they progress.
• A good understanding of the local Vault Canada rules for Vaulting, as well as the International FEI rules is recommended, with preference given to those candidates with any certification in either judging, lunging or coaching.
• The Program leader will be expected to ensure the program operates within the local safety guidelines.
Skills and Abilities
• The Program leader should have at least 5 years' experience as a Vaulting Instructor across all levels from beginner to advanced vaulters.
• Must have proven experience of instructing vaulters from beginner level to competition ready.
• Experience in individual, Pas de deux and squads, competing in both local and international vaulting level.
• Must be able to Instruct new vaulting coaches and lungers.
• Must show good knowledge of both local and international Vaulting rules.
• Ability to judge local competitions.
• Must show experience in lunging horses from starting out to competition level.
• Ability to design freestyle routines and choregraph to music, ensuring all competition regulations and guidelines are met. Must be able to edit matching music, and design appropriate costumes.
• Preference will be given to those candidates that have completed the Canadian Provincial Vaulting Trainer Program.
• The Candidate should be willing and able to travel internationally with Canadian Vaulters if the opportunity arises. The Program leader will be expected to manage all the undertaking of these international trips and competitions.
• Must be fluent in English writing, speaking, understanding and listening,
• Must have excellent people skills.
• $35/hr for 30 – 40 hours per week
• No other benefits
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers