compensation: Salary in the $60-90k range, commensurate with skills and experience. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Our client, an environmental services company is looking for an Operations Accountant for their Kamloops branch. This position works closely with the General Manager and is responsible for accounting functions of the division.
- Updating Purchase Requisition /Purchase Order Tracker and ensuring Purchase Order status is reviewed/updated by the General Manager on a weekly basis
- Preparing purchase requisition package and obtaining proper approvals
- Processing Purchase Orders in Accpac and obtaining vendor signatures
- Electronic filing of Purchase Orders packages, delivery slips/bill of ladings, and obtaining receipt signatures
- Following up on missing backup in a timely manner
- Confirm goods received
- Matching invoices with backup, ensuring proper invoice approvals, recalculating totals and taxes
- Updating labour and equipment timesheets, obtaining signatures/approvals, and processing timesheets in Accpac
- Reconciliation of sales transactions
- Enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles and ensure accounting records are filed and organized
- Cover for office Administration tasks when needed
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a bookkeeping or accounting role, working knowledge of accounting systems, advanced knowledge of MS Suite, a high level of accuracy, and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Open to CPA candidates as well as designated Accountants.
Please submit resumes to the attention of Kristel Rundmann.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers